In recognition of Women’s History Month, we’re showcasing some of our amazing women from all areas of our company each week.
Know someone who’d like to join our team? Check out our open roles.
Week 4: Tech Team
Kat Maerz is an IT Manager at Shift. She started her career with a vast amount of Engineering experience, and enjoys all the ways her work can bring real impact to Shift. She has helped to build up the IT department from scratch.
- Kat is a former foster mom & adopted 4 children. They are ages 2, 3, 4, and 5. You can see them all out and about with their 180-lb. dog, Max
- She loves candid photography
Jana Dodson, is a Lead Data Scientist at Shift. Prior to that, she worked in the Data Science field in two totally different subject areas: healthcare and telecom. (It turns out data skills are quite transferrable, but knowledge about Medicare claims payment rules and cellular network data transmission is not.)
One Shift project that Jana truly enjoyed was building the loan pre-qualification tool. This tool calculates the terms of the loan that a customer can expect to receive for a given vehicle – without a hard credit inquiry. That’s allowed thousands of Shift customers to easily shop for vehicles within their budgets without affecting their credit scores. Through her research, she learned a lot about how the auto loan industry works, something she never thought could be so fascinating. She also learned what it means to build an awesome user experience through collaboration with a talented cross-functional team of engineers, designers, and product managers.
Quote: “The people who work at Shift are all a magical combination of smart, hardworking, and kind—something you’d be hard-pressed to find elsewhere. Working with this team every day is a true privilege.”
- Jana is an avid skier and spends just about all her spare time playing in the snow on her skis!
Emily Siu is a Software Engineer at Shift. After graduating from University of Michigan, she was part of the Technology Development Program at Capital One before joining as a full stack engineer at Shift in DC.
She sees limitless possibilities with regards to creating better user experience, cleaner technical and engineering solutions, and stronger data-driven experiments. And while at Shift, she has developed solid friendships especially through game nights, happy hours, and more fun events.
Quote: “Everybody is incredibly smart, talented, and eager to help out. The problems we tackle are diverse, and our existing solutions are open to continuous improvement. We’re encouraged to brainstorm ideas, collaborate with others, and take ownership of new initiatives within our team’s space as well as across the organization.”
- Emily won a free trip to Italy from Olive Garden! She got to eat good food, see some amazing sights, and meet some cool people – all expenses paid.
- She enjoys playing piano and guitar
- She recently built her own PC to play games with friends.
Week 3: Operations Team
Elisa Camacho is a a newly minted Marketing Coordinator at Shift, after being promoted from her role as a Hub Advisor. One thing she loves about Shift is that price is the same for everyone, which ends up making the experience an enjoyable one.
Quote: “Shift is setting the standard for the future of car buying. Not only would I recommend Shift to a friend looking to buy or sell a car – because I have personally bought a few cars at Shift – but working here is amazing.”
- Elisa takes a monthly road trip, which has allowed her visit 20 U.S. states so far
- She brings along her German Shepard/Chow chow who is 13 years old on her road trips
- She owns a 2018 Crosstrek with off road wheels that allows her to go anywhere she needs it to go. (She got it from Shift!)
Melissa Carlisle is a Photography and Merchandising Manager at Shift. She started her career as a legal secretary and knew it wasn’t for her – she wanted to be in photography. Shift recruiting reached out to her and it’s been five years now!
She enjoys the team and taking on new challenges as we grow into new markets.
- Melissa is a twin
- She loves classic movies and true crime
Jacee Brodowsky is an Assistant Team Lead at Shift. Before that, she worked with a business owner from California, running her businesses located throughout Oregon and Washington. Jacee enjoys that the integrity of the leadership has shown brightly through their actions; winning over her loyalty and respect. She says the most interesting part of her job is assisting her team in diverse situations with innovated solution seeking.
Quote: “They practice grace while focusing on a growth mindset, which are two of my biggest core values. I feel as though I am respected and valued as a part of the Shift team.”
- Jacee is also writer and a painter.
Deanna Trujillo-James is an Assistant Team Lead at Shift. Before that, she worked in management with specialty retail and restaurants. She enjoys that Shift is a unique opportunity within the auto industry. It is a personal one-on-one customer service, non-pushy sales process, and not a “boys club” like traditional dealerships. She enjoys the ability to drive and support the team from her desk at work or WFH utilizing various social platforms when they are up to 150 miles away.
- Deanna and her wife have been together for 20 years!
- She participated in Gay Rodeo for 5 years in the Bay Area-Bay Area Chapter, GSGRA
- 2011 Women’s Chute Dogging champion for the Best Buck in the Bay Rodeo- she wrestle steers and did Wild Drag.
Breanna Skye Oliveros
Breanna Skye Oliveros is a Parts Lead at Shift. Before that, she worked in the auto industry. She enjoys that Shift is a unique place to work. Working in the reconditioning aspect of the company, she’s witnessed how the smallest moving parts are sometimes the most important.
Quote: “As a company, we recognize and take pride in the little things. We ensure we leave no stone unturned. There are hundreds, if not, thousands, of moving parts that would not move an inch if it wasn’t for the morale of the employees, and company’s culture.”
“When given the opportunity to say that I am a young, female in a male dominant industry, I do it with pride and no hesitation because I continue to make a mark in a place I belong.”
- She is a California State University, East Bay graduate with a Bachelor’s of Science in Health Sciences with a Pre-Clinical concentration
- She is a Biology Intern for the City and County of San Francisco, and participates in multiple Wildlife surveys
- She enjoys Legos, working out, and listening to music
Week 2: Field Team
Quincy Clegg is a Concierge at Shift. Before that, she was at California State University in Long Beach. Quincy loves the amazing team-oriented culture here and getting to drive all different types of cars.
- Quincy was a competitive cheerleader for years
- She studied Arabic in school
- She has a Bachelor’s degree in Global Politics
Alicia Pot is a Concierge at Shift. Before that, she worked for a property management group in hospitality. She enjoys that there are so many learning opportunities at Shift.
Quote: “Everyone is supportive of one another, and I have done so much growth in the short time I have been here. I truly feel that my team wants the best for me and for all of us to succeed.”
Plus, she enjoys getting to drive some really cool cars!
- Alicia’s favorite car manufacturer is Spyker
- She is a polyglot
- She loves travel
- She is an artist
Samantha Deleon is a Hub Advisor at Shift. She began her career as an office specialist. She enjoys Shift’s positive and friendly atmosphere, and being able to essentially travel all over the LA county area and beyond, driving fun cars and meeting different clients who share their experiences.
- Samatha is a beer enthusiast
- She’s a dog lover
- She drives a Honda Civic
Megan Lopez is a Customer Support Manager at Shift. Over the course of her career, she’s done everything from selling cars at a dealership, to working at a credit union, to handling social media accounts for gyms. She sees Shift as a place where you can meet some really great people that hustle and respect your hustle, who give you room to work hard and create your own success. She loves the opportunity to throw her ideas in and contribute to the company’s overall success.
Quote: “I really get to work with so many different people throughout the company. From concierges to members of the data team, I get to meet with everyone that is involved in the Shift customer experience, which is basically everyone!”
- Megan stays active to stay sane and (is very competitive with her workouts!)
- She loves traditional boxing and used to compete in amateur USA boxing (pic above is after her first ever amateur win!)
- She has a 66 Mustang Coupe that she’s finally learning how to drive
Join our team! Check out open roles at Shift.
Week 1: Corporate Team
Cindy Hanford is our Chief Financial Officer. Including Shift, she’s worked for a variety of retail companies: from cars, bikes, snowboards, and skateboards, to sneakers, teeshirts, and wine.(Her favorite was the wine.)
Cindy is passionate about working together to find ways to make car buying fun and fair for consumers while also bringing benefits to our shareholders. She attributes part of her success to the talented folks here at Shift.
- Cindy has ridden a bicycle across the state of Iowa more times than she can count
- She’s traveled to many places including Nepal Annapurna circuit, Patagonia, Easter island, Machu Picchu, Costa Rico, and Bolivia
- She’s also gone diving around the world; Galapagos with hammerheads and sea lions, Raja Ampat with Mantas, Maldives, Belize, Indonesia and even in Thailand
Blima Tuller is the SVP of Accounting and Controller at Shift. Before coming to Shift, Blima worked as a Chief Accounting Officer in the Ad Tech industry. Blima has worked on a variety of projects while building out a best-in-class public company accounting function.
Quote:”Shift is a dynamic company where you can really make a difference and see the impact of what you work on each day. No two days are the same.”
- Blima is a mom of 4 (3 boys & 1 girl), and grew up as a middle child of 5
- She loves to hike in the mountains around LA
- She is a big LA Dodgers fans, and try to get to as many games as she can each season
Tiffany Lee is a People Ops Coordinator at Shift. Before Shift, she worked in the talent field after getting her M.S. in Industrial/Organizational Psychology. She feels empowered by Shift being incredibly fast-paced, and there’s always something new to dive into.
Tiffany is a huge employee advocate, and she loves being able to witness fellow Shifters discover, develop, and leverage their strengths and passions to grow in and out of departments. She has onboarded and oriented 250+ employees since her time here!
- Tiffany has an ongoing list of her favorite places to eat in SoCal that she shares on request
- She really love games (e.g., board games, card games, video games, etc)
- She is a sucker for 70s and 80s music
Join our team! Check out open roles at Shift.
Krista Holloman is a Technical Recruiter at Shift. Before Shift, she was managing a multi-disciplinary wellness and physical therapy practice after getting her degree in biology and quantitative science. She joined Shift because of the people. She enjoys getting to talk to some of the most talented people in the industry on a daily basis, and working to pair them with opportunities at Shift. The most fulfilling thing for her is seeing teammates come together to create new and improved products that ultimately make the car buying process better for customers.
Quote:”We have built a team of talented, intelligent, humble, and creative individuals of different backgrounds. And on top of that, people truly care about each other and our mission. That’s hard to find, but I’m lucky enough to have found it here!”
- She is a classically-trained soprano and sings at weddings & events as a side hustle
- She loves really terrible soap operas
- Her latest hobby is floral arrangement
We’re always looking for amazing people like these to join our growing team. Interested? We’re hiring!